Reading up that the majority of users the world over search for information in languages other than english it obviously makes sense to provide the option to translate my blog into different languages.
Unfortunately it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be as the widgets offered by Blogspot didn't seem to have it directly available.
I finally managed to find the translation engine provided by google itself as a widget. Go to the translate.google.com site
Select the tools tab and you will get the code for added to your widget in your site.
The code is as follows
Make sure you remove the $ between < and script in the start of the code and in the end between < and /script. I needed to add that to make this blog treat it as text and not html code :)
Additionally there was this good resource I found with additional information about language translation I found over here
Hope you found this useful. Do drop me a line would love to hear from you.